No matter who you are, or where you are on life's journey, You are Welcome Here.
Each of us is at a different point in our walk with Jesus.
Some walk through our doors that don't know Jesus, some are new Christians just beginning their walk, some are mature Christians, while others may have journeyed off the Christian walk and are finding their way back.
We strive to encourage, help and disciple each other on our walk and share the joy of living a life in the love of Jesus.
Therefore receive one another, just as Christ also received us, to the glory of God. Romans 15:7 NKJV
We believe the whole Bible to be completely and equally inspired and that it is the written Word of God. The Church of God has adopted the following Declaration of Faith as its standard and official expression of its doctrine.
Declaration of Faith
- In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
- In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
- Holiness to be God's standard of living for His people.
- In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
- In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
- In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
- Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
- In the Lord's Supper and washing of the saints' feet.
- In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
- In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
To fulfill the "Great Commission" Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, Matthew 28:19 NKJV
Our mission is to be a light for Jesus to everyone we meet and everywhere we go, sharing the gospel message and the promise of eternal life that comes from following Jesus.
Harmony Church of God was established with the Church of God, Cleveland Tennessee in 1919.
In 1909 Sherman Stover was pastoring the Baptist church in Suches, when there was talk of a tent revival being held in Dahlonega and that strange manifestations were taking place.
Sherman walked the 20 miles to Dahlonega through the mountains from Woody Gap down through the Yahoola Valley. He testified later that by the time he reached the tent, "I could feel the presence of the Holy Spirit….. I knew I wanted whatever experience that represented."
Sherman was baptized by the Holy Ghost, and when he returned back to Suches, he shared what he had experienced.
Soon after, Sherman Stover and a group of believers had a little building and named the church "Harmony Springs"
Stover became acquainted with R.G. Spurling and the Church of God and in 1913 became an ordained minister with the Church of God.
Some of the original members of Harmony Springs Church went on to be charter members of Owltown Church of God in 1913 and others became charter members of Harmony Church of God in 1919.
For more than a century, Harmony Church of God has been sharing the gospel of Jesus's love to Suches and the surrounding areas and around the world.